Frederik Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why, exactly, does CC recommend CC0 even after they have thoroughly
> looked at our situation, and on what basis does the OSMF board reject
> the CC suggestion?

Please cross-post any such explanation/links to legal-talk.

I wish you luck on this, but after bad experiences trying to get any
definitive information on why CC holds particular opinions during the
Debian-CC working group, I don't hold out much hope of transparency
from CC.  It seems to be a self-perpetuating black box, common of so
many US-originated foundations, with all the problems that involved.
OSMF seems better than that, so I'm biased towards OSMF in any
disagreement and I feel that most readers here should be too.  If
you're backing CC, do you know why?

CC's licences are pretty good, but not as brilliant as the hype IMO.
Maybe their advice will or won't work for the OSM.  Keep an open mind.

Related: shall we ask debian-legal about the osm-legal-talk thread?
It would be good to have OSM data in debian and similar without problem.

Regards,