Hi,

> > I think that if the data had been not "published" PD but actually
> > "disowned" by the government (as in: this is what we have and we're
> > not going to work with this any more) then the situation would have
> > been wholly different.
>
> You think it's more likely that a community would form if there were
> no updates than if there were some updates? That seems
> counter-intuitive to me.

Why should a community gather around a data set that it still actively
maintained by someone else who isn't even asking for help? That would
seem counter-intuitive to me but I'm really unwilling to discuss stuff
that is hypothetical on so many levels - it doesn't help.

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"