--- On Thu, 10/9/08, Simon Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
Merely processing into a different format needs to be clarified.  If
someone takes OSM ways + nodes + relations and imports it into PostGIS
without changing any of it, I see that as processing into a different
format.  I believe that PostGIS DB should be freely available.

If this were about code, the belief would be that every time someone compiled
that code into running software, that binary would need to be freely available.
Clearly not the reasonable thing for software. But you would have this for data?

If the ODL is unclear on this point (I'm not sure) than it should be clarified.

-Mikel