>What does OSM Foundation think about the PD repository? Would it make sense
>to host both licences under the name OpenStreetMap or would it be
>confusing? How much OSMF wants to be part of the PD version? After all
>I think most of the decisions will be the same for both (e.g.
>deciding about tags, road types, changes in software...)

To be clear, the OSMF is there to support the project and it is the OSM
contributors (and the OSMF members) who should guide the direction that the
project goes in. If the community says 'pd' then this is the way I am sure
the foundation would support it going. In the absence of a strong vote for
pd their attitude is to sort out the share-alike licence.

Btw, I don't really see how the project would work if one contributor in an
area was doing PD and the other was not. There would need to be dual work to
produce a good pd version of the area which would be weird and hard to
explain to say the least.

Anyway, I do think it would be useful to set up a pd-talk list to capture
all this and to ensure that it doesn't overwhelm the legal-talk list which I
suggest should be more focused on current legal concerns. If there is not a
pd-project wiki page then I suggest you set one of those up and link to it
from the ODBL page.

Thanks,

Peter