El Miércoles, 10 de Diciembre de 2008, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Gustav Foseid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well... If I am not mistaken, people closely involved with CC have argued
> > that OSM is in the public domain and only the graphical maps are
> > "creative" and covered by copyright. You might call that a transition
> > strategy, if not a transition clause.
>
> That would entail arguing that map data is uncopyrightable while at
> the same time transitioning the OSM map data to a new copyright
> license. It's not feasible.

It has been argued that *individual* pieces of geographical information (and
other factual data) are not copyrightable, while the whole set is indeed
copyrightable. That's what the EU database directive and the ODbL are all
about.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

MSN:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]