Frederick Ramm wrote: "I'm surprised that nobody else seems to see a
problem in this. Am I
perhaps barking up some completely imaginary tree?"

It seems like some others definitely share your concern. Thank you for
bringing up the issue.

Simon Ward wrote: "It gets more difficult when you start providing
things like place name
searching:  Is that still acceptably a produced work, or are you
providing access to the database?  I would err towards providing the
database."

I think this thread has identified a critical issue for the new
license. We need a clear distinction between a database and a produced
work. At one end of the spectrum we have a relational database, at the
other end we have raster image, and in the middle we have something
like SVG.

So where do we draw the line between a database and a derived work?
How do we describe this line in the license?

The Sunburned Surveyor