On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 08:08:58AM +0000, Peter Miller wrote:
>> I do not read the ODbL this way. I read that only persons bound by the
>> license/contract are prohibited from reverse engineering.
>> Clarification here is needed.
>
> When we find an issue like this then lets document it on the wiki and
> move on to the next topic. We have identified at least two so far, 1)
> When is a 'DB and derived DB' and now 'what licensing applies to
> Produced Works and how does the 'no reverse engineering' clause work
> with PD images.

This sounds like brushing the issue aside, putting it in the neverending
inbox to deal with “at some point”.  I’d prefer people carry on
discussing issues, here _and_ on the wiki, and in the comments of the
licence draft.  The more the issues are recognised, the better the
chance of having them dealt with.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall