On Jun 24, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Russ Nelson wrote:
>> Some of the stuff is there to make sure that we have the right to
>> redistribute contributions to OSM.  This is important and useful.
>
> I was under the impression that these terms did not have anything to
> do
> with our data. The data should be governed by the license and the
> contribution agreement which I thought were separate?

Wiki.  Diaries.  Emails.  Etc.

>> Prohibited uses just gives us the right to kick fucking assholes in
>> the butt.  Sure, self-defense is the right of all civilized people,
>> but remember this: a judge can ALWAYS get up on the wrong side of the
>> bed and rule incorrectly.
>
> Yeah, sure, and if I leave the house a brick might fall on my head and
> I'd be dead. Tough luck!

Do you wear a helmet when you ride a bicycle?  Accidents resulting in
TBI are very uncommon, but their consequences are very high and a
helmet will protect you from many of those consequences.

Should the OSMF wear a helmet when it supplies services to the public?

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson