I apologize again if these questions are basic.  (I checked some of the
previous discussions; it might be in there somewhere but I didn't see
it.), but hte answers would be very helpful to my understanding of the
ODbL:

1. If a user overlays data onto a Produced Work (or overlays a database
on a Produced Work), what is the treatment under the ODbL of (a) the
database containing such data, and (b) the Produced Work (on which the
database is overlaid)?

2. Does it matter if that overlaid database is repositioned in relation
to the Produced Work (using the visually-produced Produced Work as its
frame of reference)?  That is, as long as it never interacts with the
actual OSM Database (or a Derivative Database of the OSM Database), is
it clear that this repositioning creates no Derivative Database?

Thanks again.

David Mirchin, Adv.
bio:  http://www.meitar.com <http://www.meitar.com/>

Adjunct Lecturer
Internet and e-Commerce Law
Radzyner School of Law
Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya

Herzliya, Israel

This email message and any attachments thereto are subject to attorney -
client privilege and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
above. If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby kindly
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email
and any attachments thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, kindly delete it from your computer system and
notify us at the telephone number or email address appearing above.
Thank you.