Thanks Phil.

Phil Monger schrieb am 08.06.2010 11:39:
> Having said that, simply printing OSM as a royalty free version of an A-Z
> map is not very creative. Try to come up with a custom rendering that does
> something your customers want.

This was just an example to state, that it's not about simply rendering tiles
with some custom (or A-Z) style and print it on paper, but rather to make a
handmade map from scratch.

I'm not a "professional" cartographer, but I made some maps for Wikipedia (also
maps from OSM data) therefore learned pretty fast, that making a
comprehensible,
functional map is far more than just rendering dots and lines with some sort of
algorithm. There are things like cartographic generalization, interpretation,
selection etc that mostly takes human creativity.

Regards
Alex

--
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Alexrk2