Hi,

Liz wrote:
And the arrangement was that whether the licence change went ahead or not
depended on how many people agreed to relicense their data

Firstly, if anyone ever said "how many people" then that was a mistake, because the number of people is of little interest, it is the amount of their contributions that matters.

Secondly, I think Richard Weait found good words for this at SOTM: Nobody in OSMF or the license working group wants to hurt OSM. They are all mappers, they all want the project to prosper. They will not take a decision that is bad for the project. It is ultimately the board of directors of OSMF who will have to decide whether the license change can go ahead and they will make this decision once the situation is clear.

They haven't committed themselves to benchmarks but I believe Ulf said at SOTM that it would need to be significantly more than 90% of data relicensed otherwise the change cannot go through. (Unsure whether that was a personal opinion, a LWG statement, or an OSMF statement.)