2010/7/20 andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com>:
> If you find a planet on a bus there's no contract you may be affected
> by.  There may be copyright, which may protect the content.  If
> there's nothing written on it then you basically have to assume "All
> rights reserved", provided there's any originality, creativity etc. in
> that planet dump which is not confirmed.

usually if you find something (let's say on a bus) you will not become
legally the proprietor (in the jurisdictions I know of). You have no
rights whatsoever on the found object but instead have the obligation
to give it back to the proprietor (e.g. by giving the found object to
the bus staff, or to a government agency/ the police).

cheers,
Martin