2010/8/30 Morten Kjeldgaard <m...@bioxray.dk>:
> Changing the license at this point in a successful project is like building
> a house, and then deciding you want to change all the bricks because you
> don't like the colour of the old ones. Perhaps it is true that the house is
> not as pretty as it could have been, but it is a hopeless endeavour, full of
> problems  and without much gain.

to stay within your equation of a house: IMHO it is not like changing
all the bricks but it is like changing the foundations (OK, our
foundations are not only the license but also the community, but hey,
all comparisons have a limit). A thing you would really like to avoid
because it is complicated and also expensive. Usually you won't do it
for a normal house. But if you have got this precious old building and
find, that the wooden, hundreds of years old foundations have started
to rot, you will make the effort. You will change the foundations to a
new and more stable foundation in order to save the building even
though the effort is remarkable. As an architect I can tell you, this
happens in reality.

cheers,
Martin