On 7 September 2010 21:59,  <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

>> 2) The "worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable
>> license to do any act that is restricted by copyright over anything
>> within the Contents, whether in the original medium or any other"
>> gives them that.
>>

> I got far enough through the Australian Copyright Act at the weekend to
> discover that this won't extend to Australia.
> Assignment of Australian copyright cannot be done over the internet.
> There are new High Court rulings regarding digital signatures which will
> have to be read to confirm this, but click-through is unlikely to meet the
> standard required.

That's interesting. Do you have any reference to back it up? Its
surprising as the common law has tended to be fairly relaxed about
signatures in general and electronic signatures in particular. My name
at the end of this email is a signature in English law and this email
counts as a "signed document".

NB: We aren't talking about *assignment* but about *licensing*.

--
Francis Davey