On 8 January 2011 01:38, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep getting told that the "flexibility" is in the best interests of
> the project, if this were true why is it more common for commercial
> entities to require this, where as most other things like the linux
> kernel has clearly defined principals that the project is based on.

Actually now that I think about it, I'd love pay for ring side seats
to see the outcome of such "flexibility" if linux kernel contributors
were made to agree to such a contract before they could upload code,
so the project might have "flexibility" if contributors in future
thought some other license would be better for the project and well
GPL v BSD arguments of the past would look like a friendly get
together.