On 13 April 2011 22:24, James Livingston <li...@sunsetutopia.com> wrote:
> With the upcoming requirement to accept/decline the contributor terms,
> I thought it was about time to figure out whether and how I can agree to
> them. I've had a look around but can't see any FAQs for the contributor
> terms, just for the ODbL part. I'm sure I can't be the only person in this
> situation, so having a list of what to do in various situations would be
> quite handy.
>
> Using my account I have added data that is under various licences, some of
> which
> will and some of which won't be compatible with ODbL. To be able to keep any
> of
> it, I'll presumably need to split my changesets up.
> 1) How do I move changesets to a new account?
> 2) How should they be split - one account for ODbL-compatible and
> ODbL-incompatible? One account per licence/source? Something else?
>
> For each of the licenses/sources, I think we should have a definitive answer
> as to
> whether they are a) ODbL compatible, and b) Contributor Terms compatible. In
> my case I have my own contributions, CC-BY data, CC-BY-SA data, and public
> domain data.  In addition there is data that is derived from imagery from
> Yahoo,
> NearMap, and Bing.

+1 for all of the above.

In addition, I'll also need a way to search for change-sets I created
with certain strings in the comments, and for edits I made that added
certain strings to the source=* tag.

As well as the licenses mentioned above, UK mappers will also need the
results of the promised "OSMF Legal Review" [1] of the Open Government
License, and the variant of this (which adds more stringent
attribution requirements) which is now being used by Ordnance Survey
for their OS OpenData products.

Robert

[1] See the entries for "OS StreetView" and "OS VectorMap District" in
the tables at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue

--
Robert Whittaker