Hi,

John Smith wrote:
In both cases, either tagging something as clean or deleting and
re-adding assumes good faith, we already know people copy data from
incompatible sources, what's to stop someone simple cutting and
pasting data or mass tagging ways as clean?

Nothing. But assuming good faith is not something new; we do that now with respect to other data sources. If someone were to flag something as clean that isn't and he's found out, we would have to do exactly what we do if we find that someone has been copying from Google etc.

Actually I think there's no way around some sort of good-faith-assuming, community-involving process here because there will always be corner cases that cannot be determined algorithmically and that have to be investigated by a human being.

We will need to create set of workable guidelines for our community members to exercise judgement but there will always be an element of judgement.