Frederik Ramm <frederik@...> writes:

>OSMF is the holder of the database rights; while OSMF may not be able to
>"state anything with authority" they can certainly say "we guarantee
>that we will not sue you if you adhere to the following". Which is good
>enough.

I think that database right is only a small part of the picture, copyright being
at least as important (if the legal advice I got from Francis Davey relating to
European law is correct).  Note that there is sui generis database right, and
separate from that there is database copyright.  Database copyright is not owned
by the OSMF.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>