Am 13.02.2012 14:32, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
- mapper contacts government asking for data
- government says "here, you can have that, but it may only be distributed under ODbL or CC-BY-SA, nothing else" - mapper contributes data to OSM without even *telling* us that there is this additional requirement (CT only require that the mapper makes sure data is "compatible with current license")
IMHO the problem exists, but can only happen if the mapper ignores the community guidelines on imports*. That we don't do a particulary good job of communicating and enforcing these additional, over the basic CT terms, rules (not just on imports) is not a big secret, but something that we can and should change going forward.

Simon

PS: essentially such an import should never get pass the community discussion part in the first place.