> I'm also going to add we should do away with share alike in the mid term.
> It's just complicated and hurting OSM. Case in point: example at hand.

+1.  If you want to do anything with OSM data besides make map tiles, the cloud
of uncertainty around what you can and can't do with the data is pretty
terrifying.  Instead of rallying around the community and getting excited about
improving OSM, you instead spend time looking at alternatives and trying to
find lawyers who are experts in software licensing who you can afford to talk
to.

The share-alike clause makes the barrier to using OSM data very high.

--
Marc Regan