Some quotes from this thread :

>Clifford, to make this very short: this is NOT acceptable. See the last
board minutes.
>And I'm very tired of people trying to weasel around the absolute
minimal requirements we pose on reuse of OSM data.

No comment on this one ... who cares if you are tired ?

>The thing is that for us, for OpenStreetMap, the attribution is our
main remuneration. We give our data away for >free but in return, we
expect to get at least a little bit of exposure, a little help in
"building our brand" to >borrow some marketing speak.

So, what exactly means free for you : no money only ?

This is how OSM started: Not free as in beer, but... ... finish yourself
(probably forgotten by most)

OSM is not asking for a little bit of exposure, but for a substantial
deviation of  "free".

One year that i did not look into this mail list, and the first topic

I read today is about how difficult it is for some people

to give away something and get nothing in return.

Regards,  Gert Gremmen, BSc