Am 03.05.2014 19:34, schrieb Jukka Rahkonen:
> Do you feel that the attribution page should provide better recognition for
> OSM that for the other data providers? OSM data is probably the biggest data
> source worldwide so it could be reasonable. However, in Finland and Norway,
> for example, MapBox may utilize more data from the national mapping agencies
> (or maybe not, I do not know). Would that change the situation - localised
> ranking of data sources needed?

My non-legal take on this is that the employees of the the national
mapping agencies have been fully compensated for creating and working on
the data and outside of essentially pure legal/contractual reasons I do
not see any motivation to give them of their employer any special
recognition. In the case of OSM contributors this is different.

So yes, we are asking to be treated differently, and that with good reasons.

Simon