Od: Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch>
Komu: legal-talk@openstreetmap.org
Datum: 8. 1. 2015 12:43:10
Předmět: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] OSM based GPS navigations and ODbl license of
OSM data

"Am 07.01.2015 um 13:00 schrieb Henning Hollburg:
> Let's say I have a great source of Floating Car Data (FCD). I'd like to
> use this FCD to calculate precise weights for edges I derived from OSM.
> These edges will be used in an online navigation application later on.

The crux is the "later on" algorithmically combining data/datasets on
device is at least a grey area, specifically if the non-OSM data is
actually dynamic. As a tendency I would lean on the side of the result
being a produced work and that 4.5.b would apply. Naturally you can
create some undesirable corner cases (distributing a diff between OSM
and your OSM+), but that's probably unavoidable and likely not to have
any real consequences.

> Do I need to publish these weights according to the ODbL?

You are never required to publish you original proprietary data, just
the derivative database (if it actually exists).