On Sunday 20 March 2016, Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> [...] In Germany, manual generalized data by human
> cartographers are protected by copyrigh - courts have already proofed
> this.

This is not really related to the topic here but to prevent possible
misconceptions about the German legal system:

Data is never protected by copyright in Germany.  Graphical
representations of data can be copyright protected of course but this
depends on the level of individuality present (the term used in the law
is 'persönliche geistige Schöpfungen').  To my knowledge there has been
no court decision or other serious legal assessment claiming copyright
(in contrast to database rights) on pre-graphical geodata
representations under German copyright law.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/