> And flags, and all of the other palliatives, and rationalizations and
> transferences,  certainly  help bury, again and again, the crying and
> compelling need for social justice -- a very full measure of social
> justice -- for everyone, everywhere in this world.  They help bury it deep.
> But it does not stay buried and it never will.

Over great strips of land, people on the left seem dazed and confused. They want
to bury themselves and emerge when it's all over- to go back to trying to sell
papers and organise demos. I understand. Everytime I wake up I feel great- and
then this all hits me again.

We must start to demand real evidence, real research. The cost of not doing that
is to miss the point of what is happeneing now. Why we are all targets. This
could be a terrorist operation, sure- but I don't think that we can step back
from the evidence even in that case. All of the implications point to this being
one big huge damage control excersize. And when we wake up to all of this: will
it be too late?

> Our little flag fell over yesterday, into some grass and weeds.  It still
> lies there, fallen.

What do you want to do with the irrational? How do we deal with the next step?

Macdonald