Reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED], at [EMAIL PROTECTED], who wrote on the 26/9/2000
0:34:

> According to people in Yugoslavia the vote situation is rather good.  Don't
> believe what you read in the papers.

 A letter I got from Belgrade suggested otherwise. By the way, I hear that
the deeply intelligent and cultured Serbian anarchist intellectual, Andrej
Grubabic, gave you a bloody nose in a different forum. But I suppose this
must be a difficult time for you too, with the Yugoslav elections having a
personal dimension for you, since if Milosevic ends up in a dole queue, your
apologias would become obsolete.

 But I am going to surprise all comrades who are fully aware of my position
on Yugoslavia and think I am an imperialist stooge (woof woof).

 a) The opposition is largely and openly imperialist-funded, and packed with
Chetniks, monarchists, those who wish to restore the cult and power of the
Orthodox Church, as well as the most reactionary chauvinists. Much of our
complaints against Milosevic have been to his pandering to suchlike and even
funding and arming them in the past.

 b) The Radical Party, the fascists of Votislav Sesijl, are mobilised behind
Kostunica. That is frankly enough for me on its own.

 c) The programme of this reactionary bourgeois opposition is mass
privatisation to open up the Serbian market to foreign capital.

 Thereby there is not a chance in hell that the opposition, a ragbag of
imperialist stooges, chauvinists, Chetniks, monarchists, religious
reactionaries, clerics and lumpen scum would ever get my vote.

 Cheers

       Owen