Reply to Carrol Cox, at [EMAIL PROTECTED], who wrote on the 25/9/2000 23:31:

> But what about the rights of self-determination of the Orange Irish? They
> have at least as much right to self-determination as *any* of the Yugoslav
> regions did. You hold self-determination as a religion, not as an even
> minimally sensible political position, and as a result you have no basis
> whatsoever to say what piece of land is a nation and what isn't.

 Carrol, if you genuinely have no idea what the difference is between an
oppressor nation and an oppressed nation, then that really is completely
your own problem, but then I have no idea why you claim to be a Marxist. You
seem to genuinely believe in this theory of a sinister Learned Elders of
Albania plot based on some abstract seething racial of Serbs. This is really
symptomatic of a syndrome caused by over-exposure to Jared's hysterical
rants on the question which paint Albanians as hordes of fascists motivated
not by their national oppression but rather the construction of a Fascist
Greater Albania based on the mass murder of the Slavic peoples.

 What you cannot seem to grasp is that the Kosovar Albanians faced
incredible national oppression which culminated in their mass expulsion, and
that the last demonstration in defence of Yugoslavia was staged by the brave
Kosovar Trepca miners who waved Yugoslav flags and slogans defending the
1974 Constitution until beaten and kicked by the police and then sacked.

 Hey, here's an idea...why not re-read some of those stimulating polemics by
Lenin against Luxemburg on the national question?

 Owen