Comrade Nestor,

 As you know, or should know, I have great respect for you. However, I am in
complete disagreement with your left-nationalist views which call for the
working class of the oppressed countries to unite with their bourgeoisie
against imperialism. This despite the fact that in this epoch, the
bourgeoisie of the oppressed countries are completely dependant on
imperialism and thereby are incapable of carrying out their historic tasks.
Yet you have made it clear that you oppose class independence since the
proletariat by itself is too weak to fight against imperialism - which is
distorting the truth, since this is really true about the bourgeoisies of
the oppressed countries.

 Indeed, as comrade Ben Seattle exposed, you even call for revolutionaries
who do not toe the line, who refuse to capitulate their bourgeoisie to unite
against imperialism, to face repression. During the war against Yugoslavia,
you called for the "silencing" of any Serb who dared oppose their regime's
dirty war in Kosovo on the grounds they would be the most likely candidates
for a new imperialist proxy regime. You said similar things about Argentina.
Which, as Ben showed, means the only conclusion of your logic is that the
traitors of the Left should have their names and addresses read to the
police. You denied this, but this is precisely the inevitable road your
nationalism brings you to.

 On this list, Milosevic has been compared to the Sandinistas. This is how
absurd the apologia can get, and it really validates my ridicule about Che
Milosevic. The Sandinistas led a revolution in Nicaragua. The Milosevic
regime led a counterrevolution, restoring capitalism to Yugoslavia by
silencing the great Serbian working class with chauvinism. The Milosevic
regime was allied with imperialism in the past - he was the man "we can do
business with", remember, as well as imposing IMF austerity programmes in
the interests of Western capital, and inviting in Greek and Italian capital.
Yet Che Milosevic is a Sandinista, beret and all, whom we must bloc with to
defend Yugoslavia against imperialism?

 In Yugoslavia, I am for the working class breaking from the chauvinism that
ties it to its ruling class, which is similar to many other nations, not
least Russia, and not allying with its bourgeoisie but rather building an
independent workers' movement. I am for the defence of Yugoslavia from
imperialism by the working class itself, as well as the defence of gains won
in past which the Milosevic regime continues to devour. Thereby if there was
no working class party in these elections, then the correct course of action
was to boycott the vote or to spoil the ballot or something along these
lines. Unfortunately, I regret that you are for the death of working class
independence in oppressed countries such as Yugoslavia, and that you regard
such opinions as traitorous.

 It is also important for the working class movement of the imperialist
countries to ally with its brothers and sisters in Yugoslavia. This is
vital. I know comrades who have strong links with trade unions in Serbia,
Bosnia and Kosovo. It should not be forgotten that the Yugoslav workers'
movement actually sent our workers aid during the Miners' Strike in the
1980s. There are particularly strong links here with Yugoslav miners. Indeed
the Durham miners are closely bonded with those of Trepca, for example.
Comrades here have brought miners of former Yugoslavia over and walked them
across devastated former mining communities to really drum home to them what
fate awaits them unless they fight. And when the Yugoslav working class get
their gloves off, I should hope that we will mobilise behind them as they
did with us at a time of need here in Britain. What will you say, Nestor?
That they are on imperialist payrolls?

 Cheers

       Owen