Aaron wrote:

> May these opportunist cowards wind up suffering the anal discomfort that such
>fence-sitting merits.

In a situation where both sides are behaving violently, there is no
moral way to take sides.  The use of deadly force is immoral - simple as
that.  Both sides are guilty, since both sides apparently embrace the
use of violent force.  If one side or the other was to stop killing the
other side, I could easily take up their cause, but until that happens,
I can have no sympathy for anyone who endorses killing, whatever their
methods, and however unbalanced the numbers of dead may be.  The tragedy
of it all is that there are pacifists caught in the crossfire.  If
murderers want to kill each other, that's their problem - they asked for
it (and perhaps natural selection is at work removing those who can't
live peacefully in a society) - but when the murderers kill innocent
people, that's a shame.  However, as pacifists, we must first and
foremost be ready to die for what we believe in.