Hello!

I'm considering to contribute correction data for some of my Pentax
lenses, which are not yet part of the lensfun database.
In the documentation on http://wilson.bronger.org/lens_calibration_tuto
rial/ there is the following advice:

Make sure that no corrections are applied by the camera (some models do
this even for RAWs)

This raises a question for me:
If the lensfun databases contains the right correction parameters for
uncorrected RAW files, what whould happen to photos processed both in
camera and in Darktable, wouldn't the corrections be applied twice and
thus lead to overcompensated results?

Or does Darktable handle RAW with or without in-camera corrections
differently?

Best,
Thomas

P.S. Maybe this doesn't apply to my camera (Pentax K-3), because I
don't know if the RAW files are modified by in-camera corrections, but
the question could still be relevant for others...

--
Thomas Stieler <lens...@stieler.org>