Thanks for the feedback

If the API is enough mature, we can Backport your code + the lens database
inside my application bundle to see if all compile and is enough stable for
testing under MacOS, Linux and Windows. We have a main development branch
for the future release but it's planed to be released later this summer. So
we have time.

Notes :

- For Windows installers, all is cross compiled under Linux with MXE.
- For MacOS package, we compile with an old release of OSX running into a
VM, for a binary compatibility purpose. We don't use the last MacOS.
- For Linux AppImage, we use Centos6, also for a binary compatibility with
libc.

 We have no specific problem with current stable Lensfun, but it's possible
that we report some compilation failures.

VoilĂ ...

Gilles