On Sat, Mar 31, 2018, at 14:05, Robin Kramer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I joined this list to ask about how best to calculate vignetting/lens
> cast calibration parameters.
>
> I've been able to use calibration charts and tca_correct to calculate
> chromatic aberration parameters.  I was also able to use an undocumented
> GUI in hugin to calculate distortion parameters.
>
> I have a nice lens cast calibration plate, but Hugin doesn't appear to
> support this straight forward approach and lensfun Python script doesn't
> look very cross platform.
>
> Is there some other third party solution or feature that I am missing to
> calculate vignetting parameters from lens cast calibration images on a
> Windows machine?

There's a pull request for a Windows-adapted version of calibrate.py here:

 https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/pull/291

I've used it on Linux and found it not to be broken, but haven't tried on
Windows. You would still have to satisfy the dependencies for the math
libraries that it uses; I would guess that they are all probably available as
Windows binaries, but don't really know for sure. Possibly you could get some
pointers about that from the submitter of the pull request...

--
jys