Why not https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun? It seems this is kept up to date anyway so there probably wouldn't be an urgent need for automatic mirroring. Are the commits to this repo pushed back to sourceforge?

If the repo above is suitable in principle then I would create a temporary fork where I setup Travis CI on my own repo until it works, and then submit a PR so that Travis CI runs on the repo above and not my fork. This means accepting a .travis.yml file in the root and then the repo owner would have to go to Travis CI, login through GitHub, and press a button to enable Travis CI for this repo. As long as a committer is registered on GitHub and has the commit email associated to their account, then the automatic build failure emails should fly in, so no need to check manually. That's the theory, we'd have to test if it actually works.

Maik