On Aug 6, 11:15 pm, "Ville M. Vainio" <vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Ville M. Vainio<vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The hiding seems to be a rather fragile thing. Luckily, in the process
> > I learned about the spell tab issue (lost ownership. which makes it
> > disappear) and various hacks that go into creating the log tab
> > (leoQtLog) within the tab widget... it seems to require a degree of
> > cleanup.
>
> bzr pull again - more flicker removed.
>
> I'm not sure we want *that* level of flicker-freeness though; esp.
> regarding the log pane. I'm thinking that perhaps we should have a
> full-window log pane at first, and when the frame is ready, make the
> log pane small.
>
> --
> Ville M. Vainiohttp://tinyurl.com/vainio

I did it!

The LEO startup with option --gui=qttabs goes in my opinion
to a large extent smoothly now! That should be a very good
starting point for future refinements.

However, without the option --gui=qttabs one observers
a similar behaviour as before!!

Another interesting point is that without --gui=qttabs LEO GUI is
mac compliant and with this option it isn't (menu bar issue!).

If you find the log pane (actually the information therein)
so important in startup phase, I would suggest that
you open up an auxiliary small window during startup
phase which contains the relevant information!
This auxiliary window must disapear after a successful startup
and its content should go into the log pane! If the startup fails
due to some errors, then the appropriate info should be
displayed and the window should be closed by user!
This is the common behaviour of a majority
of GUI applications in the startup phase!
Another option would be writing
startup log entries into a central logfile.

Regards
Nik