On Aug 10, 12:29 pm, "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And how is this different from the vim.py plugin?

Well from vim.py:
When properly installed, this plugin does the following:

1. - Double clicking on a node's icon opens that node in VIM. You can
open nodes in VIM with
        a single-click if you set useDoubleClick = False. However,
that interfere's with Leo's dragging logic.
2. - Leo will put Vim cursor at same location as Leo cursor in file if
'vim_plugin_positions_cursor' set to True.
3. - Leo will put node in a Vim tab card if
'vim_plugin_uses_tab_feature' set to True.
4. - Leo will update the node in the outline when you save the file in
VIM.

So the differences would be:

1. forget double clicking, just navigate in the outline pane and have
the body text appear in the topmost vim buffer
2. N/A, there is no body pane in the QT gui version, Gvim takes over
all that functionality
3. Well, we might uses tabs, but most likely just to support multiple
editors
4. Navigating in the Leo Outline will tell gvim that the current node
has been navigated away from, so gvim will send Leo the edited body
text, if any modifications where done, and Leo will update the its
node.  No explicit save in gvim needs to be done.  I think that vim.py
uses physical file to transfer data between its buffer and the allied
body text of the dbl-clk'd node, we would just pass this with memory
based data structures.

Support for getting Leo to navigate while still in gvim could be
added, anologus to TL cntrl-h, cntrl-j, cntrl-k, cntrl-l, topmost vim
buffer would remain in sync with the selected outline node.