On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM, David Szent-Györgyi <das...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Bear with me in this long essay. I have to convince Edward to abandon
> code that he has just written.

The problem with long essays, is that hardly anyone reads them.

I sympathize with the goal of making it easier to change the installer
script.  I don't usually like to do that by creating three external files
that must be kept in synch :-)  It's already bad enough that we must
remember to bzr ls -R >bzr-manifest.txt before running the install script.

Could you live with the following scheme?  Place all boilerplate in
nsi-installer-boilerplate.txt.  The nsi generation script (in @button make
leo.nsi) will copy that file verbatim near the start of leo.nsi.  This seems
a bit simpler than what you propose.