On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:32:00 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit confused by the plural "plugins".  I assume a single
> edit_attributes plugin is what we are discussing.  But perhaps
> special-purpose plugins, with their own needs for gui interaction,
> would want more sophisticated interfaces.

My view is that the attribute display/editing functionality would be
implemented as a plugin because that's easier than convincing Edward it
should go in the core ;-)

Other pluginssss would then make use of it, an address book plugin
showing address record fields as attributes, the stickynotes plugin
showing creation date of notes, anything else where a record with
scalar fields/attributes is useful.

> > Perhaps what we are looking for here is just a new (optional)
> > QTabWidget or QStackedWidget under the body. We have the log
> > tabwidget already, but IMO that's a bit "monopolized" by the log
> > pane.
>
> Why not use the log pane?

Because anything you display there is obscured every time leo outputs
anything to the log.  Starting another tabbed pane under the body
editor only slightly improves the situation, "free form window layout"
wishlist item will fix it more comprehensively.