On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In other words,  I want Leo to be able to render arbitrary html (possibly
> > generated from rST).  For example, my first impression of a product like
> > Eclipse was heavily influenced by the html links in the tutorial.
> >
> > Which reminds me.  It would be very cool to resolve html links in a .leo
> > file to other @html nodes in that file.
>
> Alright. I think we are ready for an implementation:
>
> - Make body control a stacked widget (better than tab widget IMO)
> - Implement a rich text editor and add it to the stacked widget with
> "normal" leo body text widget. Implementing this means it has to
> support "bold", "italic", ...
> - Add a toolbar button to toggle between rich text and plain text
> editor. Disable it if the operation is not applicable (we are not in
> @r / @html)
> - By default, show the rich text editor for @r / @html nodes (so the
> user has to toggle explicitly between editor type)

Yes.  All of these seem reasonable to me.  We also want commands to toggle
the views, corresponding to the toolbar button.

This is close to the existing @html prototype.  In the prototype,  changing
@html to @@html corresponds to toggling the presentation.  Of course, the
prototype does not implement "bold", "italics" directly.