On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just reverted to 10.10 and my networking works again.
>
> I guess I won't have to buy another laptop just yet :-)
>
> Imo, 11.04 is actively dangerous and should be avoided if possible.

Not that I'm trying to defend it, but I installed it on a laptop
without problem and everything "just worked" (screen resolution,
wireless, Fn keys for screen brightness and volume etc.).

Then I tried installing Windows 7... Screen resolution was bad, no
problem, I'll just grab the driver... wireless wasn't supported, well,
that's annoying, plug in an ethernet cable... that's not supported
either - seriously?  I had to transfer stuff with a flash drive.  180°
turn around from the bad old days when hardware compatibility was an
issue for Linux :-}