On Sep 30, 9:46 am, "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  The auto complete popup is system-wide modal, it should only be modal over
> > Leo windows.
>
> Thanks for reminding me of this.  I'll attempt a fix today.

Hmm.  All works well on Windows 7.  I do see the "system-wide" model
behavior on Ubuntu.

This appears to be a Ubuntu-specific bug.  Indeed, the popup is a
QListWidget.  Such widgets have a setWindowModality method::

    setWindowModality ( Qt::WindowModality windowModality )

The valid modalities are at:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qt.html#WindowModality-enum

NonModal: The window is not modal and does not block input to other
windows.

WindowModal: The window is modal to a single window hierarchy and
blocks input to its parent window, all grandparent windows, and all
siblings of its parent and grandparent windows.

ApplicationModal: The window is modal to the application and blocks
input to all windows.

None of these would appear to be a system-wide modality, and
furthermore, the default is supposed to be NonModal.

Anyway, calling setWindowModality(QtCore.Qt.NonModal) does not seem to
have much effect on Ubuntu, so I think I can safely say there is
nothing more I can do.