On Nov 10, 10:21 am, "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Last night I made progress on a better html token filter.  This will
> > allow more accurate comparisons.
>
> Rev 4771 uses the so-called "permissive" comparison in
> ic.filterTokens.  This allows all unit tests to pass.
>
> > In the middle of last night I had some other ideas for more robust
> > importing.

One really good unit test failure is worth more than all these good
ideas :-)

Here is the test case, boiled down to its essence from data.html::

This looks innocent--it is correct html/xml.  It has taken me a *long*
time to see the problem.  Or rather, the unit test pointed it out.  It
is the itty-bitty space between the two <a> elements::

How, oh how, is Leo supposed to generate code for this?

The problem is that there seems to be no way to "pull" the whitespace
into either "class" (element), and no good way to put the whitespace
in the <td> element either.  Indeed, here is the generated <td>
element::

    @others

Do you see?  The missing space is "inside" the @others, so there is no
way to put it in the <td> node.

It's a puzzle.  One idea, that might work (or not, quite likely) is to
special case single-line elements.  In *this* case it would work,
because the <td> element would contain the entire test code, including
the troublesome space.

We shall see...