On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After a pleasant hour or so of "distilling", here is the essence of
> the problems contained in data.html, imo::

Lots of progress this morning.  skipToMatchingTag is now much simpler.

However, the following (bizarre) code causes a real import error: the
import code inserts the T666 table twice.

QQQQQ

<!-- OOPS: the div and p elements not properly nested.-->
<!-- OOPS: the T666 table gets generated twice. -->

<TABLE id="T666"></TABLE></p> <!-- P2 -->

QQQQQ

At present, I have no idea what to do next.  Time for a break.