On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:08:24 +0800
"Zoom.Quiet" <zoom.qu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/8/7 Terry Brown <terry_n_br...@yahoo.com>:
> > On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:44:43 +0800
> > "Zoom.Quiet" <zoom.qu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> i coding everything in Leo, so that is very odd things for me:
> >> - under MAC Lion 10.7.4 + Leo 4.10 final, build 5020 + Python 2.7.1,
> >> qt version 4.8.0
> >> - i dont know how did i input the 'bs' ~ BACKSPACE into Leo
> >
> > I ran the script shown in the attached screen shot to force a chr(8)
> > into the text, and it shows up as a small symbol that looks like a
> > degree sign, but that probably depends on the font.
> >

> - COOL!
> - so how to make u script as default running?

Well, the script doesn't do anything except force a chr(8) into the
text, so I don't think there's any reason to run it except for testing.

> - and whitch faonts can show these esp. sign?
>   - can support Chinese in same time?

Here's a script you can run to cycle through all the fonts on you
system, just paste it in and keep clicking run-script.  Conveniently
clicking in the body text resets the font to the default.  The script
will edit itself to include a chr(8), so you can see how it's
displayed.  All the fonts on my system up the the fonts starting with
"G" displayed it as a small degree symbol or a black rectangle with a
circle on it.

@language python
from PyQt4.QtCore import QObject
from PyQt4.QtGui import QFontDatabase

if not hasattr(g, '_font_idx'):
    g._font_idx = 0

fdb = QFontDatabase()
fonts = [str(i) for i in fdb.families()]

ed = c.frame.top.leo_ui.findChild(QObject, 'richTextEdit')

if chr(8) not in p.b:
    p.b += "\n# chr(8):'"+chr(8)+"'"

ed.setStyleSheet("font-family: %s" % fonts[g._font_idx])
g.es(fonts[g._font_idx])
g._font_idx += 1