On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
"F.S." <██████████@████████> wrote:

> The scroll issue was getting unbearable for me so I tried switching back to
> older versions. As of Leo 4.8 final the scroll issue is not present but it
> is in Leo 4.9. So for now I will be using Leo 4.8 instead. I back ported
> Terry Brown's fix to qt log printing and so far I am happy with 4.8.
>
> Hopefully this could give some clue on what may be the cause (problem
> should be in the diff between 4.8 and 4.9).

I agree this is a horrible problem that needs fixing, if I encountered
it early in an inspection of Leo I'd drop the thing as unfinished.

FS - I think you posted a file that exhibited the problem, but I don't
think it was exhibiting the problem for me, which might make sense if
it's related to font heights etc.

Yep, I just found your file, and it's still not doing it for me.  I'll
have to make a point of trying to pin it down next time I encounter
it.  Usually it's when I'm in a hurry and just tolerate it until I move
on to another node.

FS - if you use bzr, can't remember if you do, it doesn't take that
long to pin down the exact revision where the problem came in, say the
current rev. is 5800 and you don't see the problem in 4200, you test
5100, then 4700, then 4400 etc. - because you essentially cut the
search space in half every time it doesn't take that many tests.
That's what I'll do next time I see it happening, unless you beat me to
it.