On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM, F.S. <speech.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is probably not too hard to create an Emacs mode for Leo?

> Do you plan to fix the inconsistencies with Emacs?

Whenever possible and whenever it makes sense.

 > Here are a few [inconsistencies between Leo and emacs] I have encountered:

> Kill-line:  in Leo kills the whole line, not just from point to line end.
> Consecutive kills should be put together so that they can all be yanked at
> once.

> Yank: only yank the most recent out of the kill-line. Should be able to yank
> consecutive kill lines. Also yanked texts are currently highlighted which
> means one has to get rid of the selection first before continuing typing.

Please post wish-list bugs for these yank/kill features.

> Is there a M-Y as well so that we can reach deeper into the kill-ring?

No, iirc.

> Mark: I couldn't get mark to work so I have no way to select text from
> keyboard instead of using a mouse.

Mark/unmark definitely works.  The default setting is Ctrl-M.  This
will toggle the mark on the selected node.

> Also for dabbrev, Emacs uses some kind of proximity measure so that if you
> use M-/ you get the best completion choice right away, and you can cycle
> through other choices by pressing M-/ again. C-M-/ gets you the longest
> common prefix and a choice menu if you press the keys again.

I am aware of this difference.  Imo, the present operation (with tab
completion) is good enough--possibly better than the emacs way.

> Scroll: outline pane still rescrolls when I save.

Save no longer scrolls.  Please update to the latest bzr version.

>> But you might have been asking whether it would be possible to do a "Leo"
>> mode in elisp within emacs itself.  That would be a *big*
project.

Maybe not.  It might be possible to use all the code in the leoBridge
module. That way all you need are elisp wrappers for the Python
methods you need to use.  This is not only much easier to do, it is
safer and better: your code will automatically track changes to Leo:
all you have to do is update the bridge code.

> Pymacs also seems dated. Emacs now has built-in support for transaction
> queues for communicating with async subprocesses.

Interesting.