Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a big plus for running in the
same process as the editor. In Emacs the communication with the
inferior process comes at a price. I had to serialize the data
(through json and through a file) that I pass between elisp and
python. Running in the same process as the editor means the Leo script
has direct access to my data, which makes exploring data even more
natural.