It happens as follows:

I have two nodes, the parent node, whose body is:

@others
> speak('this is a test')
> #Original_Function_XX_00 Read (MyVariable) out loud using
> TTS_XX_00_TTS_XX_00_Functions_XX_00_Python 2.7_XX_00_Programming Languages
> #Original_Variable_XX_0 'this is a test'

And the child node, whose body is:

import pyttsx
> def speak( text ):
>     if text != "":
>         engine = pyttsx.init()
>         v=engine.getProperty('voices')
>         engine.setProperty('voice', v[3].id)
>         engine.say( text )
>         engine.runAndWait()
>     else:
>         g.es("There is no text to read!")

The Leo-generated ScriptFile.py for execution is as follows:

#@+leo-ver=5
#@+node:Read ('this is a test') out loud using TTS
#@+others
#@+node:Import and definition
import pyttsx
def speak( text ):
    if text != "":
        engine = pyttsx.init()
        v=engine.getProperty('voices')
        engine.setProperty('voice', v[3].id)
        engine.say( text )
        engine.runAndWait()
    else:
        g.es("There is no text to read!")
#@-others
#@-leo

For some reason, it does not use the contains of the parent node. Im
thinking it is a bug since if I use simpler code, it works, for instance,
the following code will work as expected:

parent body:

> @others
> g.es('work')

Child body: