On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
David McNab <davidmcna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wanting to use Leo for writing university essays, reports, case studies
> etc. But to make this practical, when editing works of thousands of words,
> I really need to increase the line spacing to support easier reading and
> focus.
>
> I tried setting the "line-height" CSS attribute within the Leo CSS for the
> body pane, but it seems to be getting completely ignored. Other settings
> like font-family and font-size do take effect, however.

I'm not sure that Qt supports line-height.  I see no mention of it here:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet-reference.html#list-of-properties

Seems like Qt quick had a lineHeight method but that doesn't seem to
have made it into QTextEdit even in 5.1...

> I understand more recent versions of Qt support the line-height attribute,
> at least unofficially. Can anyone suggest how I might get leo working with
> fresh Qt? Do I have to build Qt, then PyQt, then PyScintilla from source?
> Or is there a less painful alternative.

I don't think we support qt 5.x at the moment, but even if we did, it's
not clear it would help - I think more googling / mailing list
inquiries to get a definite answer might be the most efficient route.

If you just want to read in double space, there'd be options to make
viewrendered or something display double spacing.

Cheers -Terry