On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:28:49 +0000 (UTC)
David McNab <davidmcna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Edward K. Ream <edreamleo@...> writes:
>
> > On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:29:25 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:>
> Leo's documentation uses the following docutils(?) markup that effectively
> inserts a <br> element:
> > .. |br| raw:: html   <br />
> >
> > Oops.  I misspoke.  This does *not* insert a <br>.  It defines |br| so you
> can use |br| later to insert <br>.  Big difference.EKR
>
> Thanks for replies, folks.
>
> However, I might not have expressed myself clearly enough.
>
> What I want is to see the text in the body pane double-spaced, not the text
> that gets generated.

I understood what you meant.  My take, after some Googling around, was
that QTextEdit doesn't offer any simple way to do it.  What would be
simple enough would be to have the viewrendered window display double
line spacing (I assume), for reading purposes.  That window's updated
in real time, you'd still have to edit the text in the single spaced
body window, but if it's useful to at least be able to read it double
spaced that's an option.

... or not - sorry, I just tried this piece of code:

    splitter = c.free_layout.get_top_splitter()
    a = splitter.root.windows[0]
    a.setStyleSheet("* {color: brown; line-height: 300%;}")

which will apply the given style to the viewrendered window, assuming
you opened it by right clicking a pane separator and selecting Open
window -> Viewrendered.  The text turns brown, but line-height doesn't
change - doh, I guess viewrendered is implemented with a QTextEdit, it
would have to be implemented with a QWebView or something instead.

Still, if a read only view of double spaced text was useful, it
wouldn't be too hard to make a new window which views the current
node's text as a web page - if that's not useful, I don't think there's
an easy way to get there - too bad Qt doesn't seem to support it in a
straight forward way.

Cheers -Terry