On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 01:06:11 -0700
Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Jacob Peck <gatesph...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anything like a UNL address bar exist for Leo?  Akin to an address
> > bar in a web browser, where you could paste UNLs into it, and it would
> > focus on said UNL in the outline?
>
> One of my blue-sky wishes for Leo: activate [address bar] or whatever it's
> called, start typing, and have a drop down autocomplete list, displaying
> matching nodes (where text matches anywhere in the string, not just the
> beginning) and allows cursor keys and tab completion, and on Enter navigate
> to that node.

That's what the go-anywhere command Jake (?) stumbled across would do,
if it was completely finished.  Currently it seems similar to the nav
pane, although I might not know all that it does - it was something
Ville was working on based on the same thing in Sublime text or
something.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/leo-editor/epwszW5qh4Y

Cheers -Terry

> Make this one better, and have recently used / most used / starred node
> destinations pop up higher in the list.
>
> For a good demonstration on how well this can work see the application
> launcher "Launchy". https://sourceforge.net/p/launchy/ (sadly, hasn't been
> updated in three and a half years, but works awesomely all the same)

--- Begin Message ---
On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:46:01 -0400
Jacob Peck <gatesph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's defined in quicksearch.py (a.k.a. the nav tab plugin).  It opens up
> a widget in the top right, floating above whatever is there... and it
> doesn't really do anything visible with anything you input.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/leo-editor/epwszW5qh4Y

not sure if it's considered finished though, don't use it.

global-search is way cool though, from the `bigdash` plugin.

Cheers -Terry